Monday, June 18, 2012

Underestimations

I have seriously underestimated myself. By a lot. I have two FOs to show you from this weekend, and I didn't think I would have one. Here they are:


The Magnificent Mantle was made using this pattern from Crochet Kitten. I used a Pound of Yarn in Rose. (I think. I do know that it's pink!) The yarn I have left is about equal to a skein of Red Heart Super Saver, which is nice, because now it fits with the rest of them. The only modification I made is that I didn't do the last two rows, because I didn't want the scallops. Other than that, I followed the pattern exactly, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!


For the Apple Cloth, I did exactly what she told me to, but then I got to the second page of the pattern (Row 49, I think) and I was missing a stitch! I have no idea where it went. None at all. Since I was so far I was not ripping back, because who knows how far I would have had to go! So I just took out a purl stitch at the end of each row (ex for the end of Row 51, I did p7 instead of p8) and it turned out just fine. It only took me a few hours on Saturday evening, and I have another Christmas present completed! Here it is blocking, which is a much better representation of the color:


I didn't do anything yesterday, since I was celebrating Father's Day, but I think I will start something today. Here's my list:

  1. the Three Crosses Cloth from Knitting Knonsense
  2. Branching Out, from Knitty
  3. either another Branching Out or the Zigzag Lace Scarf from Persnickety Knitter (it depends on how much I like the Branching Out pattern)
  4. the Apple Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense
  5. the Sailboat Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense (the picture doesn't show up for me, but I have seen it before)
  6. another Hug Scarf from Knitty
I don't have the yarn for the Hug Scarf or the Three Crosses Cloth, so that leaves Branching Out or the Sailboat Dishcloth. Hmm..... I don't know what I'll pick, but you guys will see tomorrow!