Monday, July 16, 2012

Bad Hair Day

I think she's having a bit of a bad hair day:



Let's back up a bit, shall we? Here's where she was when we last left her:


Then, on Saturday afternoon, I put her together:


I decided she needed some clothes, to help hide how disfigured she looks:


That's better! Next, some hair:



Not too bad, considering I didn't use a tutorial or anything. But you know, that dress is not very attractive, especially in the back:


Why don't we take in the sides with a little blind stitch:


And add a new sash:


Much better! But know that I think about it, I don't really like the hair like that. Let's try pulling the front back under the rest:


And putting some matching ribbon on it:


At this point, I decided to embroider a face, but I also took out all of the hair before getting a picture of it. Oops! So here's what she looks like now:


We're back to the beginning of the post. I decided I wanted to use some black yarn for her hair this time, but I also decided to practice on another project first:



I don't even know what this was supposed to be, because I didn't use a pattern, but it now has a little bit of hair. And yes, I am planning on filling in the middle. Maybe.

This took up most of my free time this weekend, but I did a couple of little silly things I'll show you tomorrow. Because there are a lot of pictures in this post.

You know what is hard? Eating ice cream with your non-dominant hand. I don't know why it is so much harder than most other things (like writing) but I discovered last night it is. Randomness requirement for the day? Mission accomplished!


Have a great day!