Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Forward

This is going to have to be fast, so I'm doing sort of a photo essay. These were the pieces I cut out for my first try at the captain's hat:


I was going to use the bottom, but I ended up liking the piece I cut off better. This turned into that:


 But it was way too Mario Bros for me, so I tried again and made a new one. (No individual pics, sorry!) Here's all the hats before the glue:


The construction hat was made using the baseball hat pattern, with a line down the middle and a smaller brim. Random during shot of the glue process:


As you can see, I used a styrofoam ball to shape the baseball and construction hats. If I do this again, I would definitely try something else. The insides of both hats are covered in little pieces of styrofoam.


I did the glue yesterday afternoon, and they weren't really dry until this morning. I added the tags:


and now they're totally done. I'm turning them in tomorrow, along with the rest of my project, and I'm glad to have them off my to-do list!

Sorry for the quickie, but I'll have more details tomorrow!