Friday, April 6, 2012

FO-Tree Skirt!!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!! I'm done, done, DONE!!!!!!


The tree skirt ended up being about fifty inches in diameter-maybe a little less, but still, more than enough. OK, details. 

This is mostly my spontaneity, but it started out being an actual pattern. It has disappeared from Crochet Pattern Central, but since I only used the first row, I think it's OK. After that, I was just increasing on the fly, trying to make it lie flat after each row. When I got to the home stretch, I did a row of single crochet, (it was half-double crochet for almost all of it) then shells. I used the shells from Planet June's Easy Rose pattern. I'm pretty sure I used it exactly but I wasn't looking at the pattern while I did it (just a quick glance before I started) so who really knows? Here's a close-up:


I think it looks really pretty, and certainly better than if I had just left it raw. The overlap, however, did not fare so well:


It looks kind of nasty, but I'll just tell my mom that part goes in the back. :) And finally, here it is, all folded and ready for storage until Mother's Day, which is when my mom is getting it:


I'm thrilled to have this done! And I bet you guys are thrilled you won't have to listen to me complain about it anymore!

Have a great day!