Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Favorite DIY Jewelry

For today's post, I put together a list of my favorite DIY Jewelry projects I've found online. Enjoy!

  1. I love this washer necklace from The 36th Avenue!
  2. These macrame bracelets from Honestly WTF are awesome, and so are the other tutorials on the site!
  3. This braided bead bracelet tutorial is from the same site, but it is my other favorite, so I had to show it too!
  4. I've seen versions of these wire knot rings all over, but this one from Handmadeology is my favorite. I think it kind of looks like a rose, too.
  5. I already mentioned this wrapped cord bracelet from FusionBeads.com, but I really think it looks cool. The one I'm making is a little looseygoosey and thrown together, but I think this could look really nice.
  6. This was an interesting find for me: what I've known as gimp, the rest of the world calls box braiding. These bracelets from sketch 42 use the same technique I learned, but they have a different start and end, making them better bracelets.
  7. I had to link this cool Heartknot Necklace to a Pinterest page, because I don't think the link works. I love how simple but intricate-looking this is. That's the trick, right? Make stuff that looks hard, but is actually really easy!
  8. I think this adjustable knot tutorial from FusionBeads.com would be really useful if they gave an example of how to use it in an actual project. Or maybe most people are smart enough to figure that out on their own! (:
  9. Finally, this video shows how to make a little globe knot that I think would make a perfect necklace!