Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What Hummingbird?

As per my Epic and Awesome Plan (which happens to be its official title), yesterday I looked at the hummingbird coaster. However, I had a hard time figuring out exactly where my mistake was.... (note to self: never ever use sharpie on patterns) so I started over. I just grabbed one of the squares I cut for the big Christmas set, and went to town. Except I was stupid, and I went to town with white where I should have been using lavender. Plus it was in the wrong spot. So I fixed that. But the square wasn't big enough. So I ripped that out too. We shall not be speaking of this incident again. (Hummingbird? What hummingbird?)

I still had to pick my first project, so I dedicated myself to the Harry Potter cross stitch. That's major stuff, right there. Except I didn't really remember where I wanted stuff to go, and I got to recount everything. Then I was smart (wow!!) and took a picture of it, which I am putting right here:


so I have a record. Now I have to gather up thread, but a lot of the charts don't have suggested thread colors listed. I'm probably going to just go off the pictures.

The sequin skirt is... sequiny. I still need to do my ten sequins for today, but I might have done them yesterday. I had this brilliant plan, where I was going to pull out ten sequins from the bag, sew them on, and once the pile was gone, I was done. Good, right? Except for the fact that after two or three, I was just reattaching the ones that were on the skirt, and therefore using none from the pile. I know. I'm practically a genius over here. :)

One more thing before I go. I have noticed that a lot of the patterns I want to knit (after I'm done, after I'm done, just keep repeating it) are for fingerless gloves. My hands are not that cold! But anyway, while I was doing some googling tonight, I found these. I even printed the pattern, so if my link breaks, I can still make them. Is it wrong to be so happy about something so silly?

I really wanted a cool picture for this post. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow?



To Do To Start:
  • the center square of my HP cross stitch (house emblems)
  • sew the pockets for needle sizes 000-3
  • figure out and implement the closure for the brown skirt
  • make the etching projects
  • sew on ten sequins every day I work on these other things