Monday, September 17, 2012

A Parade of Two

Here is my parade of two for today:



That's two WIPs out of the way, which isn't bad for one weekend, right? Here is the detailed, descriptive list of my other WIPs I want to finish:

  1. I have a cross stitch kit for a hummingbird coaster, which I started a few months ago. (Well, I say kit, but it didn't come with thread.) Anyway... I kind of messed up the pattern, and I'm not sure if it's something I can just live with. I might need to rip out the offending stitches and redo them. My goal: finish
  2. I would like to get a good start on my HP cross stitch project. There are a lot of bits and pieces to it, and I do need to do some research to figure out what thread I need, but I will be starting this soon. My goal: buy/find all thread and do the four house emblems (center rectangle)
  3. In my latest WIP count, I mentioned that I wasn't going to finish the needle holder until I had accumulated all the sizes of DPNs, but that I wasn't going to just buy them all. For my work on this, I will just be sewing the first six sizes, all of which I have. My goal: sew the "pockets" for sizes 000-3 
  4. For my brown skirt, I honestly would just like an idea of what I'm doing with it. If I can, I would like to implement this, and right now, I'm thinking about getting another zipper and sewing it in by hand. My goal: figure out and (hopefully) finish the closure
  5. You know, I just realized I should probably put the etching projects on here. Just saying. They need an Exacto knife and a free afternoon. My goal: finish
  6. Oh boy. The sequin skirt. Here's my plan. While I work on all of these other things, I will sew on ten sequins every day. Then I'll see where I'm at, finished-wise. There are a lot of sequins, though! My goal: sew on ten sequins everyday while I work on everything else

Here is the simplified list I will be putting at the bottom of posts, just because they make me happy:

To Do To Start:
  • cross stitch hummingbird coaster
  • the center square of my HP cross stitch (house emblems)
  • sew the pockets for needle sizes 000-3
  • figure out and implement the closure for the brown skirt
  • make the etching projects
  • sew on ten sequins every day I work on these other things
I like having a nice little list of everything I need to do!