Monday, August 29, 2011

Rectangle Shrug



This is a sad story with a happy ending. I saw a similar idea on some blog somewhere,  and thought, "If I can finish this in two months I can wear it for a school spirit day!"  (Don't ask.) So I started it, and it was taking forever, and fifteen rows in I had the brilliant idea to do a garter stitch border, and the inside stockinette stitch. Thank heavens I didn't want a border all around. I just did fifteen rows of garter stitch, a bazillion stockinette, and another fifteen rows garter stitch. The top picture is at the point I realized I didn't have enough yarn. (Hence the mysterious tail.) It was the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, and I still had almost a month to go, but I had gotten my heart set on finishing it that weekend. Unfortunately, I had a possibly sprained foot, so I couldn't go to the store. Very sad. Happy ending time: My mom drove to the store and got me some black yarn! It turned out great, right?



Note: I had considered doing a full tutorial, but couldn't see the point. I cast on 50 stitches, and then did what I wrote above. Sew the corners together for the sleeves.