Monday, January 2, 2012

Back Again, Am I? (2 Months of Pics, Part 2)

The next post was this week! But because I didn't even leave the computer, you have to wait for hat pictures. Sorry.



I had a brief foray into the world of needle felting, attempting to make the Heartfelt Bunny from Softies by Therese Laskey. It didn't really go that well, and it is taking a time out.



This is my Dad's Christmas present, before it was finished. There was a lot of hand stitching (see the pretty stitches?) and machine stitching (I don't like Velcro anymore!) and frustration, but it was worth it, because I think he may have liked it.


Behold my mom's Christmas present: a bulletin board for her new office. As you can (hopefully) see, it isn't finished in this picture. What happened was, I needed to use the staple gun, but I'm a little nervous around "tools," so I had to wait until I could have help, and when I finally could, I ran out of ribbon after only a three strips! I went to Michaels on Black Friday, but I couldn't find this exact ribbon, so I had to go back later to get a different one that still matched. Then I pinned all of the ribbon into place so I was ready to staple as soon as I had help. My mom loved it, and I don't think she took it into the office yet, so I will try to get a picture of the finished product soon.


I got this bag for Christmas, and I really like it! It has a lot of pockets, and I am using it to hold my WIPs right now (time out zone!), but I could definitely take this on a trip, maybe even as a regular bag!



I am trying to make a t-shirt quilt with camp shirts, sports teams shirts, etc. (Just a note for the sharp-eyed, there isn't anything wrong with the shirts, I just blurred out the years and the name of the camp.) On the bottom is the bottoms of all the shirts I cut up, which I may use for my evil, upcycling purposes. Muhahahahha!



 This is a little drawstring bag I made from a jeans leg. I thought I had posted about it ages ago, but I couldn't find any pictures of it elsewhere.


My aunt once made all of her nieces purses like these, which inspired me to make my own. The hardest part was stitching over the part in the middle where the zipper is: I kept on thinking I was going to break the needle! The strap is an old belt, and the purse hangs down to my knees, so I think I'm going to have the shorten the strap somehow.


 Next post: The finished product pictures of my parent's presents, what I made my brother, and a few projects that haven't come up yet at all!

And the hat. I almost forgot the hat!