Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wrapping Up Knitting

I just have two more knitting projects to post, so I'm trying to wrap it up by putting them into one post. I'm almost to the end of past tense posting-Hurray!! OK, here goes:


It's a sweater. A real one. With normal sleeves and everything. So it probably took me about two days. In reality, it probably took longer to dry after I washed it then it did to knit the whole thing! One drawback: I don't know any 6-12 month babies. It's so cute, and no one can wear it for a long time! Or however long it takes for me to find a 6-12 month old baby to give it to. Either one. I think I'm going to make another one with reverse colors.





This is a thing. It is made of a bunch of squares made from scrap yarn which were crocheted together then sewn to a piece of fleece. I used all of my talents to make this! I have no idea what to do with it. I really should stop using scrap yarn to make more unnecessary stuff....


And now, a documentation of my insanity. These are all the scarves I have made between the beginning of June and the beginning of September. Yes, I know two of them are cowls, but they're the right colors for the ones I've already given away. The rest are Christmas presents except three, I think. I'll do a roll call under the picture.


First row: Patons Bohemian yarns-"Indigo Indulgence" (not for Christmas) and "Casual Cream" for my aunt. Bernat Boa- in a color that isn't pictured for another aunt, and directly below one for a birthday that has already passed so it's a cowl in the picture. Now look to the right of that one, and you have two in "Chick" for my mom and her best friend for Christmas. Back to the first row, you have a Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Stripes in "Pinky Stripes" for my mom's birthday in a few weeks that is eight feet long. Last one on the top, Bernat Boa again in "Raven" for my grandma for Christmas. 

Second row: Red Heart Super Saver in "Bonbon Print" (I think) with Bernat Boa in "Chick" for the fringe. Next is a cowl in an unknown yarn (where'd that ball band go?) representing another "Casual Cream" that is already gone. The other three are in the paragraph above, so that's all!

I really like knitting. It's faster than crocheting for me, and I can use novelty yarns sometimes to keep it interesting. However, I can crochet in the round very well, but I'm still working on the DPN action. So, it's a toss up for me. They're each good for different things.