Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hat progress, clothes, and some beads.

Hello again! I am working on designing a top, so here's what I have so far!



This is the pattern I drew for each section. They're 5.5" at the top, and it goes straight down to an eight inch base. (It was a very old newspaper, but I read the story anyway!)


This is the front part: orange, not that electric blue, and red.


The back is the rest of the red, purple, and green. In between the purple and the green is a slit at the top where I am going to put a zipper. I'm quite ambitious! :)


It was originally going to be a skirt made from these two fabrics, but I decided to try it out on fabric I liked less first. That was a good choice, because it was too tight as a skirt and I couldn't move my legs! I think I will make it curvy so it gets bigger faster, but I will have to research that.


I have about 4" done out of the 6" of ribbing before a decrease round and more ribbing. So I'm super excited!


Yesterday I made a bunch of jewelry, and I'm probably going to make more once I finish this. Anyway, these beads came from a gorgeous necklace from a friend that unfortunately broke after only two uses (by me, I think it was used) so I put them to new use. I made earrings, a bracelet, and a new necklace. The clasps are the same, because they were perfectly good. I just had to replace the string and restring them. Most likely, I will put a bit of hot glue on the earrings to make sure they don't fall apart when I wear them.


These are kind of Aztec-ish, and I didn't have enough of one color to do them exactly the same, so they're fraternal twins, of a sort. 


The different size beads didn't come together, I just thought they look nice next to each other. As you can maybe see, the necklace and bracelet are the reverse of each other. When I do this kind of thing, I don't like things to be exactly the same, just related.


I also made two more bracelets, but I haven't taken a picture of them. I did get a lot of compliments on those, so I'm going to make a few more to give to some of my friends that liked them. So, I'll take a picture of them all together. Most likely.