Sunday, February 19, 2012

Look! I'm eliminating some UFOs!

For all of you conspiracy theorists that just got really excited, no. I'm not talking about alien spacecrafts, I'm talking about UnFinished Objects! (At least I think that's what it stands for....) I have the rest of the jewelry pictures, some hat progress, and something you haven't seen for a long time!



The bracelets are all made with elastic thread, so they are pretty casual. I like the top two the best, because they are longer (not sure how that worked out between the two on the left, because they're identical) and the thread doesn't show. The necklace is double stranded, and I got a lot of compliments when I wore it! Only one person realized I had made it, so I'd say that's a score!


I have just one last piece before I can assemble my hat. It's absolutely killing me that you have to do all the knitting before you can start the finishing! I did the 2x2 ribbing strip all this weekend (I finished it at about 11 this morning) and I started the seed stitch a little while later. It looks like I haven't done much, but I didn't spend a ton of time on it, and I also had to get used to seed stitch. This is probably the most complicated project I've done so far, between knitting in the round, decreasing, and the two new textures, but I think it's going to be fine. There is one thing I don't like so far, and that's the hat. I think in my eagerness to finish it, I didn't do enough and now it's a little short for my taste, and it's loose around the bottom. I'm going to see how it feels when I sew the braid on, but if it doesn't work I may sew some elastic into the inside to give it some more structure.


Surprise! I broke out the baby blankets and I'm ready to finish! I'm trying to completely clean out my UFO, so once I finish the hat, I'm going to pick up my tree skirt. Then all I will have left is the sewing projects from a weekend or two ago. It's slow going, but I can't wait to start some more projects after those are done!