Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Irish Cable Hat

This is the finished hat post! After a long, long, period of knitting, the Irish Cable Hat from Folk Hats by Vicki Square.

First, more strip progress:



3:30ish


4:30? Maybe?


5:30


And here we go......

**

Ta da!!!!!!! I love it, but there are two problems. First, the braid is too thick, so it sticks out funny near my forehead, and it's kind of tight. Second, I don't look good in hats! Maybe before my haircut it would have looked OK, but now the little bit of hair that sticks out from under it looks just plain odd. 

A top view

The little bits of yarn I had left. I think I'll make the Arrowhead Lace Headband from Persnickety Knitter with it.


I used most of a skein of Red Heart Super Saver in Aruba Sea. I can't wait to finish my baby blankets, then get started on a new project! 



**Special thanks to my yarn bucket for modeling it!