Monday, January 7, 2013

And Breathe....

I'm back! I have lots of random things to show you, so let's get started:

 1. I made my first ever duct tape thing:

It's a rose, I swear.

See?

And that's just what happens when you leave me alone with duct tape. Not pretty.

2. I started a Blossom Festival Scarf:

I know, my photography has improved a lot.

I was cranking along on this for a few days (in early December) but as you can see, I came very close to running out of yarn. I put it in a drawer, and I have the rest of the yarn I need now, but I still haven't pulled it out. 

3. I made these things:


What are they called, anyway? They were both last minute Christmas gifts, along with this snowflake I made. I know I took a picture of it, but I can't find it!!!

4. I made this hat Saturday night:

Thanks to my tissue box for modeling.

This took me as long as it takes to watch Revenge of the Sith twice (don't ask) plus about half an hour. I still need to add the crochet border, and maybe something on top, but I'm too busy glaring at it. It turned out way smaller than I thought it would, so I now have to find a small person to bestow it upon. I am pretty proud of it, since it was my first experience with colorwork. (Although I do need a lot of practice!) I used this pattern, and I would definitely make it again if it was bigger.

5. I watched people open presents. I was a little worried about this scarf:


not being liked, but I had no worries about this one:


In fact, the seven year old recipient of the blue scarf absolutely adored it, and wore it out that night (with a black sweater, but I didn't even mind that much). The nine year old recipient of the pink scarf didn't really care. Later that night, I just laughed, because it was the exact opposite of what I expected to happen. In general, everything I made went over pretty well, so I was really happy!

I have one last super secret sewing project that I have to have done by the 14th, so I won't be working on other stuff much. I'm glad to be back, and I hope everyone had a happy holidays!