Monday, January 14, 2013

Je finis!!!!!

(Just a random aside: Never say, "Je suis finis." Apparently that means, "I'm dead.")

Anyway, here's what I'm finished with:

(Sorry for the cruddy pic, but I had a hard time making light go on all of it.)

My super-secret sewing project! It's a sort-of quilt. But not really. Here's a little bit of the detail stuff, again with an awesome picture:


Here's what I did: I wrote up all the squares, printed all the squares, got some help ironing on the squares (I have an issue with irons), sewed around all the squares, sewed the front and back together, shoved some batting in it (that took a while), failed to realize that the batting is fusible, sewed in between all the rows and columns, and wrote my name on the back in silver Sharpie. (We're classy folk around here, I'm not going to lie.) Oh, and then I took some ugly pictures and wrote a really long run-on sentence about it!

I did some other things too:


My friend requested a ruffle scarf in "blue, black, or whitish." That wasn't a ton to go on, but I also got this one:


So I'll see which one she likes better, and keep the other one. It's a win-win! The only thing is, at first, this yarn was a pain in the butt to work with. Apparently you have to work with the top two strands, but it doesn't always line up nicely, so sometimes it's a wee bit crooked. But I actually really like it, and the scarf does look pretty cool! 

This week is crazy and a little stressful, but I've now successfully completed 3 big things! (One on Saturday, the quiltish thing, and one this morning.) One thing's for sure: I can't wait until Friday!