Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Best Course of Action

Greetings, Earthlings! How about we pretend that I have posted every day this month, and that this post is super long because I did a lot, and not because I'm catching up? OK, here goes:

1. First up, an update on the HP cross stitch. I  think I already mentioned that I picked up the last color I needed, and I'm now done with the Hufflepuff!

Yay! I had already started the Slytherin, to save time, and here's what I have so far:


I just started filling in the curly stuff in the border. I'm not sure about a Friday finish, but I'm going to keep pushing through it!

2. I've also started planning for the rest of the pictures. This afternoon, I compiled the list of all the remaining colors I'll need. In total, I need to pick up 92 more (and that's without the Snitch, because it won't load). That's getting close to $40, so I've decided that my best course of action is to glare at my list and see if it shrinks.

3. I know I said this would be a long post, but I'm sort of out of stuff. All I've really been doing is cross stitching and real life stuff. I'm hoping everything clears up in the next week or two, because I really want to start my Wristers. I'm going somewhere cold for the holidays, so I'm gong to need them!

4. One last thing. Funny picture time!!!!


To be honest, I never really thought about that before, but it is a good point!

5. I lied. I have one more thing. At some point, I realized that the Hogwarts crest is just the four house emblems put together with some other stuff, right?


Well, sort of. Anyway, I was all annoyed with myself, because I really should have looked up the placement before I started, right? It turns out, I have it all right except for one thing. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are switched! It's so frustrating! And it's not like I can just switch them, since they're both done.

Bye!