Monday, September 19, 2011

Coin Purses and DPN Experiment

I knit little stuff too! This was an experiment with DPNs. I was looking at knitted toy patterns, and they are almost all knit in the round on DPNs! So I figured I probably ought to learn how to do it....... Using them, however, is like wrestling with a porcupine. I need to practice, because I want to try hats, socks, and mittens soon!





Another little thing! This was made on bigger needles than I normally use, and with two strands. (See how it's two colors?!) The white is super fuzzy and crazy, and the orange isn't. It actually looks pretty cool, I think. The only problem is, it's a little loose, so coins might fall out. But it might work for gift cards. If you like orange.




Another coin purse, but not fuzzy. I actually made this AGES ago, but I found it while I was getting a bag out for a trip, so here it is!  My grandma taught me how to knit when I was six, but this was made a year ago when she taught me to purl, something I had struggled with for a while. You can't really see  the stockinette and ribs I made with my new talent, but they're there, I promise.