Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fuzzy Cowl Pattern






This is a fuzzy cowl-earmuff-thing. It was originally going to be a scarf, but when I was folding it for in-progress storage, I saw a cowl and sewed the short ends. It's for another aunt. (doesn't it look like the scarf I posted earlier?) The white one was also destined to be a scarf, but I didn't have the ball band or yarn name to find the yardage, so I ran out. I had to rush to the store to get new white yarn, but I couldn't find this kind so I had to start over. Luckily, it led to the discovery of wonderful yarn, and a super-soft cowl! The -ahem- pattern is below.
Materials:
One skein of Bernat Boa yarn (or other fuzzy bulky weight yarn)
Size 10 or 11 knitting needles (or needles suggested on the yarn)
Scissors
Yarn needle
1. Cast on 15 stitches.

2. Knit each row until it is a little shorter than you want it to be.

3. Bind of with at least a 12 inch tail.

4. Stretch the strip you just made, so it is how long it can be.

5. Sew the short ends together with the bind off tail, then weave in all ends.

That's it! Super simple!