Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eagle! Birdie!

First, I just want to say that I had a post all written up and ready for yesterday, but the computer ate it and I didn't realize until this morning. Sorry! So here's a combobulation of today's links with yesterday's info, plus today.

OK, I know almost nothing about golf, and I'm not very good at it, but that's not going to stop me from celebrating National Golfer's Day!

Knit:
-I don't play Angry Birds, but these golf club covers are still pretty awesome!
-I like this argyle set because you can very easily make them to suit anybody.
-For those of you with some cabling skills, these black cable covers are pretty neat! (There's a picture if you click the link that says large picture blah blah blah)

Crochet:
-Golf club covers from Yarn Lover's Room. I think. Maybe.
-Along the same line, an adorable gopher golf club cover form Red Heart. It is definitely very cute!
-OK, so I kept looking around on Red Heart, and they also have the very cute and girly poodle golf club covers.
-I promise this is the last one. :) I can't tell what site this is (but it's through the Wayback Machine) but they have these super cool Starry Golf Club Mitts.


This weekend (Saturday night) I decided I wanted to do another big crochet project. Not anything completely huge, mind you, but I had no crochet WIPs and I needed something to do. (Besides my knitting, but I'll get to that later.) So, I started the Magnificent Mantle from Crochet Kitten. I did the first five or six rows, then I stopped to pin it out, then I got up to row 20 last night. Hopefully it won't take me too long. Here's what I have so far:



OK, so knitting. I used up all the yarn I had left for the baby blanket, and now I have a good excuse to not work on it. :) Once I get more yarn, I can do the last four stripes, seam it up, and I'll be done!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: The Secret Project! Here it is...... (drum roll, please!)




Socks! Or more accurately, half of one sock. I just kind of winged the cuff and leg (which is really more of an ankle) and I'm using the Knitty Gritty Plain Vanilla Socks instructions for turning the heel. Which I've never done before. Right now, I am making the heel flap. It hates me. And I hate it. These are socks full of love. :) There is no way I will be able to wear these socks, but that's the whole point of first socks, isn't it?

Have a great day, and get out on the greens!