Friday, March 23, 2012

Be careful!

Today is Near Miss Day, marking the day (3/23/12) an asteroid came very close (within 500,000 miles) of hitting the Earth. This made me think of the day the dinosaurs weren't so lucky, so today's Bizarre Holiday links will be all about dinosaurs.

Knit:
-Dinosaur Hand Puppet from Knitting from the Heart. (You have to go to the sidebar and click on the link.)
-A seamless dinosaur from At Knit's End

Crochet:
-An adorable baby dinosaur pattern from My Skills Guide
-A really neat baby triceratops from somewhere. Yep, it's from somewhere. So helpful.

Sewing:
-It's a dinosaur, but I have no idea where it's from.


It's a mustache on a string! It doesn't work very well, so I may wear it as a necklace! Either way, I'm calling this one done.


It's the tree skirt! I have absolutely no idea what happened to that picture, but at least it's a new one, right? As I mentioned earlier this week, there was a..... misunderstanding about the size my mother wanted, so I did some measuring and I now have a final row count. (I didn't do the math, because my increases will be based off of how ruffly it looks.) 

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
(Up until this point, it will be HDC all the way, with a few increases thrown in here and there. 21 will be SC to set up from the shells, which will be Row 21.)
21
22

I have done Row 1, and I'm almost done with Row 2, so I'm going to finish! I can feel it! Oh, and I wanted to mention that yesterday I managed to get it to lie completely flat. I was super excited, so I did a couple of increases in Rows 1 and 2.

Have a nice day!