Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crown Roast of Pork Day? How about some music?

I don't get it either.... Go read about it here. Or don't. I don't really care. How about instead, let's have some music?

First, let's have some musical instruments.

-Here's a tuba or baritone dishcloth from Designs by Emily. It costs $1.79, but it's so cute it's worth it!
-She also has a bunch of other music dishcloths. They are super cute, go check them out!

Now, some wearables:

-These adorable music wristwarmers from something I can't spell or say. Check them out, I am definitely making these!
-There's also these wristwarmers, where it looks like the design was made with beads.
-A piano keys scarf, one to knit, and one to crochet. (I don't think the designers were collaborating, I just wanted to post both. There are a lot of other versions out there, too!)
-To go with the scarves, here is a piano keys hat from Ravelry. (You have to join to see it, I think, so I don't know what the pattern looks like.)
-And finally, an illusion scarf pattern. I'm not sure I would want to commit to that, because there's no picture and illusion knitting sounds like a pain, but maybe someone out there will!

Now, for the actual post (please excuse any random words scattered in here, I'm singing while I write this. Not the best idea!) This post will only have sewing pictures. Sorry, but I haven't been able to sit down and knit (because of the pain of seeing my diminishing yarn ball) or crochet (because it's so darn big) but hopefully I'll do some later tonight.



This is a little bag I made from a kind of cowl thingy that came with a top. I was originally going to make a dress with it (It came folded and stitched into a little tube, but it came apart kind of huge!) but that obviously did not. I was just about to eat it out of frustration, but then I realized my stomach would like it better if I just moved on. So it's been in time-out for about a month, and I took yesterday to fix it. It turned out pretty well, now I just have to see if the straps hold up with a real load.


I thought I had posted a picture of this ages ago, but looking back, I haven't yet! I made this right after New Years, when I took my new Kindle (Christmas present!) to a friend's house, and kept having to pick it up to save it. (OK, that made literally no sense.) The point is, I wanted a case! So I made one! This is another quilted reversible fabric, with a really cool pattern. The inside is this pale yellow with little blue flowers. The flap is velcroed, and it has survived a lot of openings. I love it!


And finally, a fortune cookie fail. If you can't read that, it says, "Actions speak louder than talks." No joke. My whole family was laughing about that last week!

Have a nice evening (or whatever it is while you read this) and I'll see you tomorrow with post #50 (gasp!) and some popcorn!