Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kumihimo

Kumihimo is Japanese braiding, and it may have taken the top spot from paper piecing as my new favorite thing. I learned from the Youtube video below:

 

I just used a piece of foam (not even as nice as the one in the video) but I think I'm going to make a nicer "loom" of sorts for my next one. Here is the braid I made:




I used all of the same yarn, but since it's variegated, it has a really neat effect. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it... So I call it progress for making frivolous things!

I also started this Masquerade Mask for the sole purpose of using these beads:


as trim. It's red, so I think it could look really cool. Maybe.


I haven't really worked on the doll, but I am still trying to find a really good tutorial. I love the way the rest of her turned out, so I want the hair to look great to!