Thursday, July 26, 2012

100th Post!!!!!

I have been working on this post the whole month, so I hope you enjoy it! I had fun writing it!
Time to party!!!!!!!!!! In honor of my 100th post, I have 100 things I like:


  1. Niagara Falls-I went once when I was twelve, and I rode a boat in the river. It was SO COOL! No. Really. The water was kind of cold. :)
  2. Hot Air Balloon Festivals-I have been to one of these, but it was too windy, so there were no balloons in the sky. I think it would have been pretty awesome if Mother Nature had cooperated, though.
  3. Kumihimo-I learned from this post on Lucy 'In the sky' using the YouTube video she embedded. It's kind of addictive, and a great way to use up scrap yarn.
  4. Harry Potter-This is amazing. I only have a few posts with HP stuff! You guys should expect to see a lot more. I love these books. And the movies. I know, it's sad.....
  5. Ice Cream Cake-I don't like cakey cake, and when I was a kid, my mom made my dad, my brother, and I an ice cream cake for all of our birthdays. (She's totally awesome, right?) My favorite is all vanilla ice cream, vanilla Oreos, and caramel sauce. 
  6. Music-I really like music. I play a couple instruments, and I love to sing in the shower (I'm not saying the other people in my house like it too). I also like to listen to classical music and Adele. Because they have a lot to do with each other.
  7. "Star Trek"-This is my favorite movie, which is saying a lot. I love it so much, I watched it five times in eight days. That kind of thing should be illegal! But I'm glad it isn't! I also really like The Voyage home (that would be my second favorite) and the TV series TNG.
  8. Keenser (from "Star Trek")-I know I already talked about Star Trek, but I thought I should devote a whole number to the most adorable alien ever! I know, short reptilian aliens aren't normally considered to be adorable, but I think we have long since established that I am quite odd. 
  9. Ketchup-I put ketchup on just about anything, including tomatoes, potato chips, and when I was little, pork chops and steak. I was an odd child, but not as odd as one of my little cousins, who puts it on spaghetti.
  10. Taboo-This is a really awesome game where you have to get your partner to guess a word without using any of the "Taboo" words. I used to play it with my brother, and we were practically unbeatable!
  11. Camels-I don't know why, but I just think camels are the coolest thing ever. It's not even a random thing, since in fifth grade when my art teacher told us to pick an animal and draw it, I drew a Bactrian camel. It went on a t-shirt and I named it Camel Bob.
  12. Reading-I love to read, and not just Harry Potter. I like most genres, except for really scary things, and I read all the time. Or whenever I have free time. (Sometimes even when I don't.....)
  13. Scrabble-Most people probably know what this is. I am not very good at it, but every once in a while everything just falls into place and I get a whole bunch of points.
  14. Larkspur-This is the prettiest flower ever! It is also the flower of my birth month (you know, birthstone, birthflower) so it is doubly awesome!
  15. Hot Chocolate-I like dark hot chocolate with a candy cane in it. It tastes amazing, like mint chocolate chips, another awesome thing.
  16. Puzzles-I used to do these all the time and hang them up in my room. I haven't done as many lately, but I still really like doing them!
  17. My Zebra Ring-It's funny, because this was actually given to me off the cuff by my neighbor, but I wore it every day for a year, then another year a few months later. I have a picture of it in this post.
  18. Earrings-I love to wear cool earrings. My favorites are peace signs about as big as the zebra ring, which make me feel very cool and retro. Misguidedly.
  19. Upcycling-I am a fan of the planet not being destroyed, so I think reusing and recycling are pretty awesome. Especially when you get something really neat out of it. Like this bag! I made one that I use for a pool bag, and I love it! Plus, I know exactly how to wash it. :)
  20. Tomatoes-These are one of my favorite vegetables (fruits, whatever). I love the cherry and grape tomatoes the best, especially the mutant tomato at the bottom of this post. I probably shouldn't have eaten it... but I didn't get sick! ;)
  21. Smelly Candle Catalogs-Have you guys seen/smelled the scratch'n'sniff Yankee Candle catalogs? They are so much fun! I know, that's really weird, but I am quite easily amused. Quite.
  22. Glitter-I grew up with a mom that hates glitter, but I love how sparkly and versatile it is. My favorite thing I've seen with glitter are these heels from Wobisobi, although I'm not so sure I would have the guts to wear them!
  23. Jellyfish-Come on, don't try to tell me you didn't see this coming! :) I would not want to meet a jellyfish, but I think they are really beautiful. But don't touch them. Seriously. Bad idea.
  24. Nuts-Why yes, I am. Wait... I meant cashews and peanuts. And almonds. But hey. You are what you eat, right?
  25. Tubing-I have floated down a river, which was really relaxing, but being pulled by a boat freaked me out!
  26. Cool Mugs-My favorites have Scrabble boards on them, with pieces spelling out "Coffee Break" and "Hot Stuff."
  27. Chewing Gum-I chew gum just to pass the time. I like mint and cinnamon, and some kinds of fruit flavors. It just makes me happy!
  28. Hair Ties-I always keep a couple on my wrist, especially now that my hair is getting longer again. (finally!) I almost never have my hair down, and I go through these like there's no tomorrow.
  29. Rain-I like the kind of rain that pours down (preferably without thunder or lightning) and makes everything wet. I used to sit and watch it rain with my dad, so I have some nice memories that go with rain. I don't like the nasty, misty rain that makes you damp. That's just annoying! :)
  30. Slideshows-My parents know how to make some awesome slideshows, like for end of the season for swim team, or the end of the school year.
  31. Peanut Butter-When I was little, this was my favorite thing ever. I had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch pretty much every day! Because I loved it. A lot. I still do!
  32. Root Beer-I try not to drink a ton of soda, but when I do, I drink root beer. I don't know why, but I just don't like most other sodas. This is what I drank as a little kid, so I drink it now, I guess!
  33. Metal DPNs-I know some people think these are the worst, but I really like them. What can I say? I like shiny things!
  34. Birds-My great-grandmother got me started on bird watching when I was five or six, and I have loved birds ever since. My grandma had hummingbird feeders at one of her houses, and I loved to watch them!
  35. Chocolate Chip Cookies-Really any kind of cookie works, but these are one of my favorites. I have never made them from scratch, but honestly, the bucket of dough works just fine for me! :)
  36. Souvenir Spoons-My mom collects these, and they hang on the wall in her kitchen. She has the coolest spoons ever, and while I don't think I will ever collect them myself, I love to look at them!
  37. Sweet Lemonayde-This is a really cool blog with a lot of awesome sewing tutorials I want to try. She also has a pattern for a beret that I love! A lot!!!
  38. Hyperlinks-When I had my website, I didn't even know what hyperlinks were, and I would just put the link right in the middle of the text. It didn't look good, and it took up a lot of space. But then, (cue dramatic music) I learned how to use hyperlinks and I fell in love! Sad, right? :)
  39. Branching Out-This is the only lace pattern I've knit, but I really like it, so I will probably knit this many more times!
  40. Notebooks-I use notebooks all the time, because I somehow always have something to write down, but I have yet to find the perfect notebook. It will have a hard cover, lines on both sides of every page, a lot of pages, be small enough to stick in a small purse, but big enough to write on easily. For now, I use any one I can find!
  41. Shawls and Scarves-I love patterns that repeat for a few feet, and it's even better when the pattern is continually changing! Plus they're awesome to wrap up in to stay warm in the cold winter months! (Which is totally good for right now, right? :P)
  42. Lighthouses-When I was a little kid, my family went to the beach most summers and we often visited lighthouses. I used to love climbing to the top, but I don't think I could now! (Acrophobia. Not fun!)
  43. Cheez-Its-These might just be my favorite snack food. I also love cheese curls, cheese balls, and string cheese.
  44. Camisoles-I like to wear these under loose t-shirts, because I want the fabric to be right on my skin. I'm not really sure why, but I always feel like the t-shirt is going to magically disappear, and I'm not going to notice because it's very loose anyway. (Paranoid, much?)
  45. Mochimochi Land-This is another of my favorite blogs, because she makes the coolest little toys ever! I have her book, Knitting Mochimochi, which I love, and I am going to use very soon!
  46. Russian Tea Cakes/Mexican Wedding Cakes-I grew up calling them RTC, but apparently they are the same thing. These are awesome cookies that have chopped almonds in them, and then are rolled in powdered sugar. You have to go make them. Seriously! These are my favorite holiday treat!
  47. Permanent Markers-Even though you have to be careful because of the fumes, I really like using permanent markers! I love all the different colors, and they make me very happy. Not really sure why, but they do.
  48. Cherry Blossom Trees-I've never been to the Cherry Blossom Festival, but I think these trees are absolutely beautiful!
  49. Writing-This is a big hobby for me. I mostly like to write fiction and short stories, but I also enjoy writing these blog posts!
  50. Candles-My favorite scents are Vanilla Cupcake and Pink Dragon Fruit from Yankee Candle. I love that even in the votive size, I don't have to light them to make a whole section of my room smell great!
  51. Pi-Very nerdy, but pi is my favorite number! I am planning on making this scarf, so the whole world will know my nerdiness! (Muahahahhaha!!!)
  52. Fortune Cookies-If you guys don't remember, I have a fortune cookie fail in this post. But I do like to see what they say, and freak out over them when they magically come true! ;)
  53. Quesadillas-My favorite kind of quesadilla is cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and smashed up black beans, but I also like them with just cheese. I normally make them in the frying pan, but if I'm in a hurry I use the toaster oven!
  54. Seashells-I have a tutorial coming up using these, because I have a very big collection. I always pick up a bunch of shells when I go to the beach, and one year I found the perfect box to keep them in. It has (wait for it) sea shells on it!
  55. Gimp-I don't know how common this is outside of Girls Scout camp (which is where I learned, years and years ago) but I found a package of cord at Michael's, so I'm thinking normal people do it too. We used to stock up on the cord at camp every year, and gimp all fall and winter!
  56. Spool Knitting-This, I know people do! I learned how to do this long before I learned how to knit, and I've never done anything other than the skinny little tubes, but I did once make my cousin a little scarf about six feet long. I was really bored! :)
  57. Sock Monkeys-Need I say more? I think not! 
  58. Beads-Again, who doesn't love beads? They are so awesome. I personally can't wait to try this project from FusionBeads.com.
  59. Chinese Jumprope-I remember in fifth grade we had a whole unit on this in PE. I was actually pretty good at it, and I like doing it with some of my younger relatives sometimes.
  60. Cat's Cradle-My aunt taught me this a few years ago, and I don't have any of it memorized, but it still was a lot of fun!
  61. Volleyball-I played in seventh and eighth grade, and I also enjoy watching beach volleyball on TV.
  62. Belts-I don't normally use belts to hold my pants up, but I do like to use them in upcycling projects, like the jeans purse I made a few months ago, or the wrap bracelets I posted a tutorial for.
  63. Duct Tape-Heheh. Duct tape makes me happy in so many strange ways. I really want to learn how to make those hats and things, and I am in absolute awe of all those people that makes prom dresses out of duct tape!
  64. Ribbon-Ribbon is so versatile and it adds that little something extra to a lot of different things. What could be better?
  65. Buttons-I don't use buttons on a lot of my projects, mostly because I can never find the perfect button. I do have a lot of buttons that I like to look at though....
  66. Potholders-My grandma taught my brother and I how to do this when we were seven and nineish, and unsurprisingly, I was the one that caught on and liked it. Funnily enough, I also had to make one in my Home Ec class a few years later. 
  67. Pompoms-If I was that kind of person, I would make pompoms just for the fun of it. Fortunately, I have enough self control to resist, but seriously? It's almost as addictive as kumihimo!
  68. Cross Stitch-This is not one of my biggest talents, but I do like it a lot. My mom is so amazing, she used tobe able to make cross stitch pieces look the same on both sides. Go ahead. Be awed!
  69. Berets/Slouchy Hats-As I mentioned in #37, I have a favorite beret pattern, so that just shows how much I like these hats! I don't want a really stiff one, so I really want a slouchy hat, but I kind of call them the wrong name all the time. 
  70. Latch Hook-I do like this a lot, but it is pretty slow! I am planning on making a really big one with orcas on it soon, and it will probably take months! 
  71. Knitting Dishcloths-So addictive! I have made four or five at this point, but I'm going to keep cranking them out!
  72. Rubik's Cube-I have never solved a Rubik's cube! Ever! In my whole entire life! But I still like to try, because some day I will. And I will throw a party! (Well, not really, but I would be really excited!)
  73. Juggling-My dad is an amazing juggler (well, not by most people's standards, but I think he is) so I used to aspire to being as cool as him. That didn't really happen, but I like to think I can juggle decently.
  74. Swimming-I was on a competitive swim team every summer for seven seasons, so I swam a lot as a kid. My favorite stroke was breast stroke, and I still like swimming for fun.
  75. Snow-Unlike my mom, I love snow. Some years we get a lot, some years we don't get any at all. (hem hem winter of 2011-2012!) But I love wrapping up with a good book and some hot chocolate and watching it snow. And then having fun in the snow after a lot falls.
  76. Boats-I think I got this from my dad, but I really like being on boats and swimming and all of those things.
  77. Fish-I really want to get a fish tank and have a bunch of fish in it. I'm actually taking care of some friends' fish while they are on vacation (and their rabbit) so I get to pretend for a few weeks!
  78. Kiwi-Even though kiwi is kind of expensive, I had it at school one time and I loved it. I haven't had it since then, but still. I remember what it tasted like. Kind of..... :)
  79. Strawberries-My favorite fruit! Ever! I love strawberries so much! That's why I put them on this list!
  80. Smoothies-My dad taught me the easiest smoothie ever, and if you do it right, it's actually not too bad for you. I might post that at some point, because it's so simple, and so good!
  81. Lifesavers-These really are lifesavers to me! I hate not having fresh breath, but sometimes, you just can't chew gum! Like if you were about to go into a restaurant, and you had really bad breath, but you were going to eat dinner? Mint time. Right there.
  82. Digital Cameras-I use a digital camera for all the pictures on this blog, and while they aren't super high quality, I think that's more my fault than the camera's. I do like that they're very convenient and easy to use and upload, so now I just need to figure out lighting.
  83. E-Readers-I have no idea if that's how they're referred to, but I'm talking about things like Kindles and Nooks. I have a Kindle Touch, which I wasn't sure about at first, but I actually really like. Hence it being on this list.
  84. Wreaths-I think wreaths shouldn't just be for Christmas. One of my neighbors has wreaths for all seasons, and this blog has a ton of cool wreaths and other decoration ideas.
  85. Fun Magnets-My fridge has all kinds of crazy magnets on it. I just go with it.
  86. Pajama/Lounge Pants-I am gong to make a pair of these with piano keyboards all over them. Oh yeah!
  87. Weaving-When I was in first grade, we weaved paper strips. In fifth grade, we wove yarn onto paper cups. Now, um... I don't know. I just like weaving.
  88. Coloring-You are never too old to color! Enough said.
  89. Glue Guns-I used to have a problem with glue guns, thinking that they were the lazy way out of sewing, but I was very wrong. I love glue guns now!
  90. Clean Sheets-Call me crazy, but I just love how it feels to lie down in sheets that are fresh and clean.
  91. Fabric Shopping-I love to walk through all of the cool fabrics looking for just the right one for my project.
  92. Pirates of the Caribbean-My favorites are the third and fourth ones, but I love all of these movies.
  93. Red Pandas-Woohoo! My favorite animal! So cute! So awesome! So perfect!
  94. S'mores-Yummy! I want some more! (Get it? Get it? Oh, you just didn't laugh....) I like to make them with the really big marshmallows, but I recently learned that the toaster doesn't work. One side ends of really burnt and nasty.
  95. Circle Skirts-I can't believe it! I made the coolest circle skirt ever in February, and I still haven't posted pictures of it! Shame on me! Circle skirts are awesome!
  96. Sewing-I like this because it is faster than knitting or crocheting in many cases, but I do have a lot more trouble making it neat.
  97. Crocheting-I like to crochet in the round, but I have a hard time making flat things.
  98. Knitting-Knitting in the round isn't my favorite, but I have no troubles knitting flat.
  99. Yarn-Who doesn't like yarn? I've only used acrylic, wool, and a bamboo blend, but I am looking forward to trying some new kinds in the future.
  100. Blogging-I like talking to no one! At least when I write on my blog, I can pretend I'm not really talking to myself... Right? :)
Congratulations! You made it to the bottom of my list! Don't worry, if you only read one or two (or none) I don't mind! If you read all of them, you are my new favorite person. Seriously. Have a cookie:


So, what did you learn from this? Three things: I am (very) easily amused, I like Star Trek way too much, and I have too much time on my hands! I got some great ideas for future posts, so don't be surprised if some of these topics come up again!

Happy 100th Sudsy Jellyfish post! Have a great day!



By coincidence, this post ended up being on my birthday! I didn't even plan it that way, so how cool is that?