Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My New Favorite Thing

That would be paper piecing. I know, odd that it comes on top over things like chocolate and yarn. But right now, I am in love with this little guy:


Here is a closeup of my little teensy tiny stitches (why does the computer have a problem with 'closeup' and not 'teensy'?): 


My grandmother made my brother and I bookmarks like this one when we were younger, which I used as my model for this one. Here's mine with the one I made:


As you can see, I made mine a bit shorter, because I prefer short bookmarks. I also took out the cardstock (again, why the red line?) triangles, which I don't think she did. Then I decided it was too flimsy, so I slid a piece of paper in before I closed it.


I have also made a little progress on the amigurumi doll I was making; at this point I just have to assemble and embellish. Right now, she's sitting in timeout. I might take her out tomorrow. If I'm really bored. :)


I know what you're thinking. That is the shortest scarf ever! And you'd be quite clever, if it was a scarf. Which it isn't, at least not anymore. I decided, between the sweatiness trying to work with wool in July, the lack of something to do with it, and my boredness with the pattern, I was going to get creative. So I'm making either a pillow or a bag, depending on how big this blocks out to be. You can see the little white spaces where the styrofoam shows through holes. Those are right next to each of the cables, and I'm not sure how they got there. I definitely didn't invite them! It's fate will be decided once it's done blocking.

Have a great evening!