Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hot! Hot! Hot!

What do you get when you cross a 64 hour power outage with 100 degree weather? Hot houses! I tried to knit. Really, I did. But after a few stitches.... I ended up with sweaty hands. Very sweaty hands. So I gave up.... But now I have started a little amigurumi that currently looks like an acorn top.


No pattern, but honestly, most amigurumi is the same. Mostly. I'm not sure what this'll end up being, but it will be a person. Maybe. In any case, I am making something with no purpose. On purpose! That is what I call: progress!

Last Friday, I pulled out this skirt:


And decided to redo it. Because there were more than a few problems:


Bad hem


Bad ?????


Bad waistband gathering

Plus, it was way to long and awkward to be "fashionable." Even I could tell! So I took the iron, fabric shears, and little scissors to it, and gave it a complete makeover!


This is the last picture I took, after I cut the elastic off. After that, I was a bad blogger and put down the camera. I haven't finished this yet, because the hem looks a little the the picture above, only straighter. 

Have a great day!