Monday, July 30, 2012

And you didn't believe me....

See?









And you didn't believe me when I said I was going to finish things! Here's a rundown of what I did:

  • I finally did the hair for this doll  again. I did a little research, and I ended up using this tutorial from K and J Dolls blog. You might be able to tell that I skipped the last step, but it just didn't look good. Also, the hair is very thick in the back. I'm not totally happy with it, but I'm so over this project, it's now officially done!
  • You might have been expecting this one: the camouflage beret I showed you on Friday. It turned out really well, with a little surprise at the end. I was a little nervous about running out of yarn, so I switched to an olive green when I started the crown decreases. It looks pretty cool, and I did make it a little slouchier than the panda beret. The other major difference is the ribbing. For some reason, it didn't hold in the panda beret, but it did for this one. I think it has something to do with the blocking. I did block the panda beret, but since the camo one is acrylic, I didn't see much of a point, and I just left it as is. The one thing I don't like is that I have a few loose stitches in the decrease section, but it isn't too noticeable, so I'm calling this one a success!
  • Speaking of blocking, I finally blocked Branching Out, completed a month ago. Umm, yeah. I (uncharacteristically) procrastinated a little bit on this one. Mostly because I was afraid I would completely ruin either my first lace project, or my mattress. Both are fine, so I really should have done this weeks ago! However, I have yet to get a picture of this yarn with an accurate representation of the color, and for some reason, it's not on the website.
  • I know I said I was just going to work on stuff I had already started, but I started two projects. I had this awesome, soft, lovely t-shirt that I would have worn every day. Except it was kind of see-through and the neckline was loose and awkward. So, I did what any logical person would do: I made it into a scarf. I didn't use any tutorial in particular, but there are tons available online. On Wednesday, there will be another one, showing how I made mine!
Unsurprisingly, I didn't finish everything I worked on, like this:


I used the other half of the shirt to make this little crop top. It's pretty much all set, I just have to finish hemming the bottom edge. I'm doing it by hand, because I don't really trust my sewing machine. Just a little blind stitch, nothing fancy.

It makes me happy to have stuff cleared up and put away. I also did some research on how to take better pictures, but no guarantees! Have a good one!