Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cable Visions

I'm having a vision...... No, seriously, I am!

For my first foray into the world of cables, I'm making this scarf from Red Heart. I'm making it in black, which may not be my best decision, but after four rows of the cable pattern, I think it's going pretty well. I have noticed that I have to knit a little looser when I am doing the actual cabling. I don't know if that's normal, but I'm going with it!

I've been in a weird position these past two days. I don't have any projects going right now (how did that happen?) so when I finished Branching Out, I didn't have anything I could just fall back on. I was a little tired of lace, to be honest, so when I started the Zigzag Lace Scarf, I ended up frogging it after just a few rows. There just wasn't a project that really interested me, and the few that caught my attention require yarn acquisition. I think part of the problem is that I hate clutter, so I feel like anything I make needs to be a gift or have a real purpose. Obviously, this limits me, so I may make an effort to break that habit with a few toys. Purposeless, frivolous, toys. OK, now I'm kind of excited......