Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yarn Math!

That doesn't even make sense; I mean yarn is amazing and math is just, well, alright. But I did have to do some yarn math for Branching Out:

The yarn I am using for Branching Out has very similar yardage to the Elsebeth Lavoid Silky Wool, so I'm basing my numbers off that. The pattern said those using the Silky Wool would get about 27 pattern repeats. Based on what I have now, that would give me a scarf about 55 inches long, which is a pretty good length. I don't think I need the other skein, and I have until August to return the it, so I'll just go through the first skein and see if I like the length. (OK, not sure that really qualifies as math, but whatever.)

Here's what I have so far:





4.5 repeats and 10 inches. I really like this pattern so far; after the initial ripping out, it's basically been smooth sailing! It is taking me a lot longer than a normal scarf, and  haven't been working on much else, but I did make a few things with the hot glue gun this morning:

I can't post a picture of the first thing, since it's my dad's birthday present, but I will after his birthday. If I remember. I also covered a notebook, but I'll show that tomorrow to go with my upcycled post.


These are completely upcycled wrap bracelets, made three different ways. I'll have a tutorial up for tomorrow's post! I burned two of my fingers making the two-tone one, and I'm typing using hunt and peck while I put ice on it. :)

I also covered a notebook, but I'll show that tomorrow to go with my upcycled post.

OK, so a summary. I have anther repeat done for Branching Out, I'm probably returning some of the yarn for Branching Out, I had way too much fun with the hot glue gun this morning, and  I'll have a tutorial for those bracelets up tomorrow. Have a great day!

Random Photo for Today:

My comforter had a rip in it (probably from cutting fabric on it) and I've been ignoring it forever, but I finally decided to fix it last week. After a year. Anyway, I sewed it up, and I noticed the stitch line looks a little bit like Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar. Freaky, huh?