Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Knitting. I did some.

Hi guys! I hope you had a great weekend; mine was pretty good!

First, I forgot to put this picture in Friday's post, so here is the Jean Covered Notebook I made:



I loosely used this tutorial, and I haven't decided if I'm going to add any embellishments. I might thread an old belt through the loops like in the picture, but I probably won't do rhinestones. Not really my style!

Next, I took a break from Branching Out for an hour or two on Saturday to make this:



I know, another one. I can't help it! They're super addictive, and they make great quick gifts. This time it is the Three Crosses Cloth from Knitting Knonsense (I'm kind of addicted to that site, too) and I only had two little problems. First, I skipped one line of instructions (four rows) and I was missing the top part of the two little crosses. If I was making it for someone whose initials were TT, it would have been OK, but.... I ripped out (carefully) and fixed it. I also missed two rows right near the end, 55 and 56 I think. I didn't rip that time, because I was super close to the end. And I just didn't care. 

Speaking of Branching Out (a paragraph ago, I know) it has grown a lot. Here it is on Friday night:



And this morning:


I lost track of how many repeats this is, but I have about 30 inches so far. I think this is a very pretty pattern, and I am still deciding if I should do another one or the Zigzag Lace Scarf. There are a few mistakes here and there, including a big problem I had last night. So I was chugging along, completely focused on my knitting (OK, I was reading Harry Potter) and I realized that I had done Row  9 when I should have been doing Row 8. So I tinked back, counted my stitches, and had the wrong number. I ripped back another row, no luck. So I got really angry at it. (It didn't help). I finally decided I was just going to have to cheat a little bit. At that point, I was at the beginning of Row 6, so I did k3, pfb, p23, pfb, k3. I'm not sure if that's allowed, but it's just an addition to the already-too-large collection of booboos on this scarf.


I also made a plain old scarf, which I am going to do instead of another Hug Scarf (I changed the list too). It is big yarn on big needles, so it went really quickly. I used it to get a break from lace-not that there's anything wrong with lace!

Here is my list:

1. the Three Crosses Cloth from Knitting Knonsense
2. Branching Out, from Knitty
3. either another Branching Out or the Zigzag Lace Scarf from Persnickety Knitter (it depends on how much I like the Branching Out pattern)
4. the Apple Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense
5. the Sailboat Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense (the picture doesn't show up for me, but I have seen it before)
6. a plain old scarf

I'm going to keep working on Branching Out, and hopefully I'll have it done sometime this week. That's unlikely, but I can hope, right? 


Have a great day!