Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What Should We do Today?

How about some sailing? I have a nice boat we can use:



Made yesterday in just a few hours (I'm still getting used to how fast dishcloths are) with this pattern. I made two little changes. First, I did not do the rows in red, which make the little flag. I don't know why! I honestly have nothing against little flags, but I just decided to leave it out. So there. Secondly, the exact same problem I had with the apple, I had with this one. (Go look here.) I don't know where these stitches keep going, but they just disappear, and I really didn't want to rip back! So I ignored it. Again. Other than that, I just think the boat doesn't really look like a boat unless you squint. I guess my aunt will just have to squint then.....

Or maybe we could go shopping:







I stopped at Michael's yesterday and picked up a few cool things: two skeins of Bamboo Ewe in Grape, a skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Navy, a set of size 7 straight needles because the stitches of my dishcloths slide of the DPNs, a pillow form, and some brown Lily's Sugar and Cream for the Three Crosses Cloth.

No? How about a little sewing:



I finished the Meadow in Bloom pillow, which makes a total of two! These are really pretty, and quite nice to lie on.

How about a progress check?


1. the Three Crosses Cloth from Knitting Knonsense
2. Branching Out, from Knitty
3. either another Branching Out or the Zigzag Lace Scarf from Persnickety Knitter (it depends on how much I like the Branching Out pattern)
4. the Apple Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense
5. the Sailboat Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense (the picture doesn't show up for me, but I have seen it before)
6. another Hug Scarf from Knitty

I think I'll start Branching Out today, but I'm not totally sure.

How about, well, I'm out of ideas. Go do something fun for me, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!