Thursday, June 14, 2012

Upcycled Tunic and Shrug

Hello again! On Sunday, I was looking around on Pinterest, and I saw a lot of upcycled and reconstructed clothing. And I mean a lot. There are tons of awesome ideas, which you should go check out. I'm not finding the exact ones I was looking at, but there are a lot. (Did I mention there's a lot?) Anyway, I was inspired to remake some of my own things. Here's the first one:


I took a super awkward poncho and turned it into a tunic. Here's what it looked like before: (This was my first attempt at making something like this, so don't laugh!)

I know, I should have taken a picture of the actual item.... And after:



Much better! I wore the poncho maybe twice, but I really just didn't like it. Now I have something much more usable. It was super easy too; all I had to do is sew up the open side and cut and sew a neckline. The neckline took the longest, because I did it by hand to make sure it was really neat. Super simple, super cute!



Then I made a T-Shirt Shrug from Wobisobi, using the pink tutorial. I used a t-shirt that fit but had a stain on it, which is now hidden in the crinkliness. And yes, it is hanging from my valance. It had the best lighting.

My friend emailed me this funny picture:



So true, so true. Have a great day!