Monday, June 11, 2012

It's June 11, so that means......

I am ready to restart my regular posting schedule!  First, my FOs:




I finished the sock! This was completed on May 27, and I am so happy it's done. I'm not going to make the other sock, because this one is a mess, so I would really have to make two more, and that isn't happening. So, I now have one random sock, but I'm cool with it. :) I had been reading about grafting, and a lot of people make it sound like some big scary thing, but it really wasn't! I just used the tutorial form Knitty, and I was done very quickly. It may have had something to do with there only being 4 stitches on each needle, but whatever. I actually really enjoyed myself.



I also made a Hug Scarf, from Knitty. This was completely in maybe two hours on May 27, right after I finished that sock. It is a Christmas present (the first of a long line) for my little cousin, and I will probably make another for her little brother (umm, not in pink though). I seriously love this pattern, so I'm fine with it!



Next up, a birthday present for my aunt; I made the Lighthouse Cloth from Knitting Knonsense. Although, technically, I made two of them. I made it to about Row 35 when I realized I had an extra stitch, so I ripped back a few rows. I realized I had no idea where I was in the pattern, so I frogged the whole thing. Then, I made it to Row 35 again, and I had the same problem, so I ripped back a few rows (counting a little more carefully that time). I finally made it through, then I finished the pattern, only to realize I had done Row 57 when I should have been doing Row 56.  It took me about a week total to make this, (on and off knitting, I am not just really slow!) but I am done now, so I am very happy. I was super careful to nicely block out the YOs that make the light, then I realized that it was going to get wet very quickly. Will that mess up the blocking? I really don't know.




I made another Patchwork Pouch, but I didn't have anymore fleece, so I did it a little differently. I made the patchwork part much bigger, then gave it a backing like normal. Then the whole thing was folded in half, instead of getting a back piece. That's why the front and back are both patchworky.

On a smaller scale, I made a little addition to the Rectangle Shrug I made last year. I don't really like having yarn in my underarms, so I wasn't really wearing it. That's a waste of time and effort, and most importantly, yarn. So, I added a little fabric in the part that was irritating me, and voila! Quick fix!



I am an idiot. Just throwing that out there. Remember how in this post I mentioned having enough yarn to finish the last square but it was in the wrong color? And how in this post I said I got everything I needed but that last bit of yarn? Well, I went to Michael's (shocker) on probably the second of June. And all I was going to get was the yarn. (That didn't work out so well, but more about that in a second.) Well, in that first post I very clearly stated that the yarn I needed was "Light Blue" and the evil yarn was "Spa Blue." 

So how come Light Blue doesn't match? (very dramatic, I know) Red Heart Super Saver doesn't have dye lots, but no. I still have the wrong yarn. And did quite a bit with that yarn before realizing it. But I don't care! I am declaring independence from this idiocy and I will have two different blues on that square. I honestly don't care. (OK, I don't know if you can tell, but I care a lot, so I'm really just trying to convince myself I don't.) Oh, by the way, the four-square is done. Just FYI. In case you can't see the picture.

Anyway, I have a new plan for all that, but this is getting pretty long, so I'll save it for tomorrow. Have a great day, and I'll see you guys tomorrow!