Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIPs and Future Projects

OK, so here is a progress report for my WIPs:



The Magnificent Mantle has 8 rows done in the second section. I hadn't done much with this while I was finishing other things, but I have been working on this a bit this week, and I probably will keep that up until it's done.

The Waterfall Strip is gone. Frogged. Adios. Sayonara. Au revoir. Get out! Yeah, so I ripped it out.



I made a little bag, and it is the perfect size to put a paperback book in, which I love, but it has no strap, rendering it completely useless. For now. I have no little things I could use for the strap, and I'm not sure if I should try to knit or crochet something, or if I should go buy something, or if you can even buy just a strap. I am completely clueless. If you have any good ideas, please let me know in the comments.

A year or two ago, I got #4 from the Meadow in Bloom Collection Quilt Block of the Month from JoAnns. I made it into a pillow, and I wanted to make another one, so I got #7. This time I didn't finish it, because the person helping me wasn't available, and I was scared to do it on my own. Last night I plucked up the courage, and I realized all I had to do was the outer triangles. It has been sitting in my sewing bin for a year and a half and all it need was a few triangles! Right, because it was that easy....


Does it go this way? No.....


How about this way? No, that's not right either.....


OOH! I got it!!!



I'm a little embarrassed at how long it took me to set those up.... Then I had to draw lines because I have problems sewing straight sometimes, and then I had to iron the seams which always makes me really nervous, and then I had to attach them all to the center block, but I did it. On my own. So I now have everything done except for the last seam, because I need to pick up a pillow form first. Then I will be done!

I have two more sewing projects that are in timeout. One needs a zipper, and the other needs a purpose in life.

Here's a list of some future projects:
  1. the Three Crosses Cloth from Knitting Knonsense
  2. Branching Out, from Knitty
  3. either another Branching Out or the Zigzag Lace Scarf from Persnickety Knitter (it depends on how much I like the Branching Out pattern)
  4. the Apple Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense
  5. the Sailboat Dishcloth from Knitting Knonsense (the picture doesn't show up for me, but I have seen it before)
  6. another Hug Scarf from Knitty
That should keep me busy for a while, especially since this is only Christmas presents, and not my       just-for-fun things.

Have a great day, and I will talk to you guys tomorrow!