Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby Blanket? Or Afghan?

Hey guys! Yesterday I mentioned that I had an idea for the baby blanket, and I'm going to give some details in this post. All colors mentioned can be found on this site.

Right now, I have the one four-square, which is made in Monet and either Light or Spa Blue. (see yesterday's post for that) I had the idea that I could make some more, then join them all together to make an afghan. I'm thinking I would need six four-squares to make it a nice size. These color combinations use yarn I already have, and would just need a little bit more of:

  1. Monet and Light/Spa Blue
  2. Ocean and Light Blue
  3. Cherry Chip and Coffee
I'm not sure if I should do solids:
  1. Coral and Real Teal
  2. Cornmeal and Orchid
  3. Magenta and Delft Blue
Or variegated:

  1. Purple Tone and Medium Purple
  2. Green Tones and Tea Leaf
  3. Pink Tones and Perfect Pink
I really do like those color combos, so I might just do all of them in variegated yarns. (To clarify, I mean each four-square will have two solid, two variegated.)

Please comment with your opinions, and if you have better ideas for the colors (because I'm sure you do). I hope you have a great day, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!