Friday, June 22, 2012

Tutorial: Upcycled Wrap Bracelets

Hi guys! I am doing a tutorial to make these bracelets,


as seen in yesterday's post. Here are the materials you will need:


1. Plastic rings, like the kind scarves come on in stores
2. Lightweight scarves or strips of fabric
3. Hot glue gun
4. Something to hot glue gun on (cardboard, newspaper, your Aunt Tillie's wedding dress)

I made three different kinds of bracelets. The first I call the Glue and Go method, and it's pretty simple. 

1. Glue the end of the fabric to the ring
2. Wrap it tightly all the way around the ring.
3. When you get to the end, add another dollop of glue to hold the end down.



The Glue as You Go method uses the exact same steps, but you put glue under each wrap, so the scarf is completely stuck to the ring.


You can do the same thing with two different scarves:

1. Glue two strips together at the ends  (I recommend using the ring to push them together, not your fingers, and no, that is not how I burned my hand!) 
2. Wrap one color completely around the ring (the same as the Glue as You Go bracelet)
3. Take the other scarf and loop it around, leaving spaces for the bottom color to peek out. I got burned doing this, so wrap carefully!





I ended up with these, which I then trimmed down to get these:


(Yeah, not entirely sure where the yellow one was when I took this.... But it looks the same!)

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and that it inspires you to make your own upcycled clothes and accessories! 

Have a wonderful weekend, and I will talk to you on Monday!