Monday, September 24, 2012

Slow and Steady

Slow and steady wins the race, right? (I should know. When I was in second grade, the musical we put on was Bebop With Aesop, which was a collection of Aesop's fables, and I played the hare. Let me tell you, lesson learned.) Anyway, I have been making slow progress on the sequin skirt. I am making progress, it's just really slow.

The baseball game was a lot of fun, but it was very hot, so I didn't knit a stitch. I did get a funny look from the person who looked in my purse, as I had three mini balls of yarn in there. I like freaking people out with yarn! :)

I did some research for the Harry Potter cross stitch, and I figured out which thread colors I need to do the center square/rectangle. Here is a list, for those of you making all four of the Mountain Harmony Creations coasters (linked together here):


221-Shell Pink (Very Dark)
304-Red (Medium)
310-Black
351-Coral
415-Pearl Grey
561-Jade (Very Dark)
727-Topaz (Very Light)
728-Golden Yellow
729-Old Gold (Medium)
762-Pearl Grey (Very Light)
782-Topaz (Dark)
803-Blue (Deep)
815-Garnet (Medium)
842-Beige Brown (Very Light)
921-Copper
975-Golden Brown (Dark)
3371-Black Brown
3731-Dusty Rose (Very Dark)
3752-Antique Blue (Very Light)
3828-Hazelnut Brown

I'm going to have to take a look at the thread I have, and see what colors I need. Then, I'll be able to start work on this!