Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bright-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed

I know it's a lot earlier than I normally post, but I figured I would just do this now. Yesterday I told you that I went to Michaels on Sunday, and I had some stuff to show you guys. Let's start with this:


I want to start scrapbooking some of my memories from middle school: pictures, programs, movie tickets, stuff like that. My mom used to scrapbook, so she said she would help me get started. I basically just picked stuff with my school colors, red, white, and black (the paper inside the book is black). 

So after that, I was looking in this big bin of clearance yarn, and I found this:


It's this super soft, squishy, beautiful Bernat Bamboo yarn. It didn't have a tag on it, and I figured it would be pretty expensive, but since it was on clearance I figured I should just go for it. And I'm really happy I did, since it was only about $3 a ball, and it's so wonderful! Here's a close-up of the color:


Lovely, right? :) I think I'm going to make a thin little scarf out of it. It's so nice, I want to be able to feel it. (OK, so that sounded really weird, so I'm going to move on now.) I also got a little ball of torture:


After making all those scarves, I wanted to have one for my own. Yeah. I have issues. 

I also picked up a couple random things:


Some wire, and a thing of floss. The gold thing came off a necklace my mom got, but she had a different charm to put on it, so she gave that to me.

Now that all the scarves are done, I'm looking forward to starting some new stuff. I probably won't be using any of the yarn from this post, since I want a bit of a change from what I've been doing. Talk to you later!