Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Greetings from France!

Yeah. I wish. But I do have this:


How cool is this? (Yes, this is the part where you pretend it's the best thing since sliced bread.) I got my inspiration from things like this, but I didn't actually look at one while I did this. I'm totally in love with this right now, though. Although it is taking a lot of work (everything is hand stitched), I can't wait until I have the end product. I haven't decided if I'm going to put stuffing in to make a little pillow, or leave it flat. I've done similar things before, but that was two years ago, so I don't have pictures. I might do this again, maybe with Germany, so I might make a little tutorial. Don't worry. It's simple enough that even if I write it you'll be able to figure it out! (Actually, I bet some people could just by looking at the picture.)


This was supposed to be a nice close up of my little stitches, but (shocker) it turned out blurry and I couldn't get a focused shot. I still thought it looked cool.

Guess what takes two rulers to measure?


That's right! I now have just over thirteen inches, which means less than six to go until it gets really crazy. I've never done armhole shaping before, and I'm starting to think 3x2 ribbing wasn't the best way to learn.

Do you know how to spell tchotchke? Well, you do know. See ya!