Wednesday, August 15, 2012

All About: Bird Bag

As the title suggests, this post will be all about the bird bag! First, a timeline:

After the pink flowers were done


After almost everything is done, except the leaves and a little bit of the bird


Two whole pictures. I know, it's impressive. This link has a picture of the finished product, except mine is bigger, and on a tote bag. I'm hoping to have this done in the next few days, maybe even before the week's over. The instructions actually say to do some parts with a backstitch, and some parts with a stem stitch. Stem stitch was giving me a headache (the tutorial was one of those pictures with numbers and the needle in three different places), so it's all backstitch!

Today I finished:


My Crafty Christmas To-Do List

  • buy supplies for, and make, two etching projects
  • buy yarn for, and make, a mohawk hat (I have a printed pattern, I just can't find the link right now)
  • finish the embroidered bag
  • find a pattern and yarn for an M&M dishcloth, then make it. I had a pattern I liked, but the blog disappeared! There's another one I have seen, but I don't like it. Hmmm, how hard would it be to make my own?
  • make two more (better) globe knot necklaces
  • make two cross stitch ornaments (I have a kit with 30)