Friday, August 3, 2012

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Recipe

My dad taught me how to do this, and I like it because there isn't anything bad for you in it. It makes one smoothie for someone pretty thirsty, or two for moderately hungry people. If you want to make it bigger, I suggest adding more strawberries and milk, not another banana.

Ingredients:

  • one banana-this is a good way to use bananas that are just a little past their prime, but I don't advise using really nasty ones
  • strawberries-I normally use about five, but it depends on the size
  • milk
  • ice cubes
Other Stuff:
  • a blender
  • a paring knife
Step 1:
  • Cut the banana into pieces, about 1/2" thick. It doesn't have to be precise at all! I normally do this right over the blender.
Step 2:
  • Rinse the strawberries and cut the insides out. All you want left is the stuff you want to eat. Then, cut them into small pieces into the blender. You should have about as much strawberry as banana, but you can mess with the proportions a little to get the best taste.
Step 3:
  • Add a handful of ice cubes (five or six, I think), then pour in milk until everything is about covered. Err on the side of having to add more, because that's a lot easier than taking it out!
Step 4:
  • Blend it up!
Step 5:
  • Pour and enjoy! I have never tried making it in advance and putting in the fridge, but I don't see why that would be a problem.
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! Have a great day!