Monday, August 20, 2012

I Should Have Eaten It!

The M&M dishcloth has officially been frogged. And I'm not going to try to get it back. I had a chart, I did everything I could to make it work, but I just couldn't figure it out. Once I figure out how to scan it, I'll post the chart for all you people that have chart-smarts.

Anyway, let's move on to something that makes me happier:


my very first (successful) zipper! Don't get me wrong, I have put in this zipper many times. Four or five, just for this zipper, just on one item. (It's not this item.) But I decided that finishing this project was going to make me happier, so I stole the zipper from the time-out bag and now I have a little pouch!


Isn't it purty? I love this fabric so much! It actually matches my mom's purse pretty well, so I might give it her. Or I might keep it. I kind of like it a lot. :)

So, did you notice anything strange about the first picture? Yeah, it's inside out. And shut. And fully sewn. I'm kind of an idiot! I didn't open the zipper before finishing the sewing, so I had a really hard time trying to open it so I could turn this right-side out again. Yes, you can laugh. Go right ahead! Here's what it looked like before I fixed the shape:


And this random picture of it before I sewed it:

Not exactly sure why I took this!

I needed to start my next project, so I started working on the first cross stitch ornament. (Of four. This may not have been my best idea, since I'm really slow at this. Hopefully, everything will work out!



My Crafty Christmas To-Do List
  • make two etching projects
  • make a mohawk hat (I have a printed pattern, I just can't find the link right now)
  • make two more globe knot necklaces
  • finish catnip ornament
  • make three more cross stitch ornaments
  • figure out something to do instead of the M&M dishcloth