Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tassel Earrings

And a halter dress! See?



All I did was take a store-bought tube dress and add straps, but now I'l actually wear it, so I'm pretty pleased with myself! I actually took a really long time to do this, because I wanted the straps to look just as good as the rest of the dress. I used the iron and everything. Seriously. Then I used a bunch of little tiny stitches, which is why it took so long. And yes, I do realize it would have taken a fraction of the time if I had used the sewing machine!


My other accomplishment for yesterday/today is these earrings. The tassels came on a sundress I bought, but they looked really weird, so snip snip snip! I then took a pair of earrings, one of which was broken, and took of the part that goes into your ears. A little hot glue, some trimming to make them a normal length, (they were about four times that length originally) and voila! Some quirky earrings! I might even wear them with that dress. After all, they are exactly the right color!

I think tomorrow I will post my dad's recipe for the best strawberry-banana smoothie ever. I am planning on starting a new paper-piecing project, so I probably won't have anything interesting to post yet tomorrow!