Tuesday, October 16, 2012

An Illusion

I haven't actually worked on the Gryffindor crest since Sunday, but I have been doing some other administrative/planning type stuff.

First, I made a final judgement on a skirt I made a while ago. It started like this:


But it had a few problems:


'

So I decided to chop it up and make it shorter. That did not work out very well. Mostly because the hem wasn't straight to begin with, so cutting in a straight line just made it short and crooked, instead of long and crooked. Anyway, I took the elastic off last night, and after messing around with it, I decided to make an infinity scarf. Just one problem: it's a trapezoid. That can be easily fixed with some scissors, so once I make it rectangular, I can stitch this baby up and take it out of the time out bag once and for all! I'm hoping to cut and pin it sometime this week, so I have something mindless to do on Saturday afternoon. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty braindead! :) (And no, I do not feel guilty for working on this. This was already in the timeout bag, and the only reason it wasn't on my list was because I wasn't sure what was going to happen to it. So there.)

Next up, I was looking for a good thing to do with this pretty green velvet I found in the box, and I kind of wanted to make a skirt for myself (because that always goes really well), but I thought it might be really ugly. Google to the rescue! I searched "green velvet skirt" and I found a lot of cute skirts, but I'm not sure that I'm going to do that yet. I also saw a few cute tops I think I might be able to replicate, so I'm on the fence a little with that.

While I had the green velvet out, I cut off a little strip that was sticking off the edge and bothering me. I'm gong to use it to make something like this. I'm not really going to follow that tutorial, and I already have the pieces ready. That might be a quickie sewing project for tonight, or I might save it for Saturday.

See that? I managed to make a little ripping and cutting into a coherent post that makes it look like I did so much. It's all an illusion!

Tomorrow I will explain what I'm doing for the decoupage projects, because I feel like I'm rambling. 


This little Witch Doll is very cute:

Picture from Crochet Sal.

as is the rest of the stuff on her site. Go check it out!


To Do To Start:
  • the house emblems on my HP cross stitch
  • handsew a zipper to the brown skirt
  • do the decoupage
  • sew on ten sequins every day I work on these other things