Monday, October 22, 2012

Glow-In-The-Dark Photoshoot

I'm going to start today's post with a little insight into how I get my photos. (Note: I don't normally put this much effort in. This project just didn't want to be photographed.)

Step 1: Take the picture with the lights on.
Mission accomplished. Now, let's show how cool it looks with the lights off!

Step 2: Turn the lights off, turn the tea light on, and take the picture again.

Ehh. That didn't go so well.

Step 3: Move the box near your open door, so a little light from the hallway will spill in.

Oops. Caught the laundry basket in that one.

Step 4: Zoom way in and flip the camera to cut out the laundry basket (rather then just cropping Step 3 later).

Argh! Never mind!

This one did like having its picture taken, though:



I like how you can see how shiny it is. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Just because I feel like telling you, the box has a tree on all four sides, and the opposite sides are the same color, either red or green. There's a white stripe in between each colored section, and the top is a mix of all three colors. I love it!

Since these are done, I have a very important announcement to make.

I have officially finished all of the projects I am making as Christmas gifts this year.

That'll be all.

I also made the circle scarf I was talking about.. um.. sometime last week? I might put up a little tutorial next week, because it didn't go exactly as planned, but I do like it.

This choker is a great way to show some spirit (get it? spirit? like a ghost?) without going all out, or you could make it the focal point of an entire costume.


To Do To Start:
  • the house emblems on my HP cross stitch
  • handsew a zipper to the brown skirt
  • sew on ten sequins every day I work on these other things