Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tips for... yeah, I forgot.

Last night, while working on my decoupage projects, I found out a few more things that are good to know when you are doing this sort of project:
  1. While glue is your friend, don't use it excessively. Try to only apply more glue once the entire area is totally dry, or the tissue paper will rip.
  2. The tissue paper makes friends easily, so be sure you like the angle of it before you put it down. If you do need to take if off, you're probably going to have to scrape at it with your nail, and that's no fun!
  3. (This one is probably obvious to everyone but me!) Don't try to put a light color (say, white) over darker colors (red and green) unless you're prepared to do some serious layering.
  4. Try to avoid using big pieces. It looks a lot neater with little pieces, and it's definitely worth the extra time!
  5. I forgot all the really intelligent things I thought of this morning. This is why I have to write stuff down right away.
I have been doing little bits and pieces of things, but nothing very substantial. I may have picture-worthy things tomorrow, but no promises. 

I'm going to spend the rest of tonight cross-stitching and trying to remember my other decoupage tips. It's not going to happen! :)

I really like this Boo Bunting because it's so versatile (wow! I used an adjective!) and can be made into bunting for lots of different holidays.

Picture from Prairie Yarn.

You could even make them green, hang them from the tips, and have Christmas trees. Seriously.


To Do To Start:
  • the house emblems on my HP cross stitch
  • handsew a zipper to the brown skirt
  • finish the decoupage
  • sew on ten sequins every day I work on these other things