Monday, October 8, 2012

Version 1.Oops

I decided I wanted to post today, because I made big progress on my Harry Potter cross stitch:


That's right. Big progress. It tuns out that if you work on things, they get done! This got off to a little bit of a rough start, when I realized that, when making something for the first time, you have to look at the chart! The bottom row of the coral color has tan under it, as do three of the light blue stitches. (I also forgot to do the two tan stitches that surround the bottom light blue stitch, but I can fix that later.) Therefore, I'm calling this Version 1.Oops. Because that's how I roll.

I also started the etching projects. I can't show one of them to you right now, but here is the other:


It's all ready to be etched, and the other one is pretty much in the same place. (Can you tell that I'm going for simple?) I wanted this one to be etched in with negative space (partially because I couldn't find the ExActo knife). The other one is going to be more like the original, with the design being the etched part (I found the ExActo knife.)

Today's October thing is something I definitely want to make:

Picture from Gleeful Things

these adorable Halloween luminaries from Gleeful Things! I also would like to make some for other holidays (I think she made some snowflake ones, I just can't find them to link right now.)



To Do To Start:
  • the house emblems on my HP cross stitch
  • figure out and implement the closure for the brown skirt
  • etch the etching projects
  • sew on ten sequins every day I work on these other things