Monday, October 1, 2012

It's October?!?!

I did some thinking this weekend, and I figured out that until I go to the store, the only thing I can really work on is the needle roll. That's just fine with me, so I picked out the fabrics I'm going to use for it. Here are all the pieces:

I am going to have to think about the size of the needles carefully, though. Obviously, I won't be putting my long size 10s in here, or my size 50s, and it will probably be all DPNs and a few short straights.


On a different subject, today is the first day of October. (Yeah, I know.) I wanted to do something a little special this month, so I'm going to post a link to something Halloweeny every time I post this month. I might even make some of it! :) Today, I wanted to post this little pumpkin:



 I think it's super cute, and this might be one of the ones I make! Her website has some other neat patterns, so go check it out.

I was able to get to the store yesterday, and I got almost everything I needed:


The only thing was, they didn't have thread #451, so I'll have to go back soonish. (Wow, that's a word?) I also got this pendant, and these closures:


which I'm going to make into a necklace for myself. I'm a sucker for Eiffel Tower stuff! (Plus, it opens!)

Now I'm able to start work on the Harry Potter stuff, I have the Velcro for the needle roll, and I have the ExActo knife for the etching projects. Now (and cross your fingers) I think I have everything I need to finish Christmas. Maybe. I don't want to tempt Fate.

Have a great day, and enjoy your October!